Sep 19, 2018
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Ohio Dominican's football team will play its first road game of the 2018 season as the Panthers travel to Findlay for the NCAA Division II National Showcase Game at 7:05 p.m. Saturday.
The contest will stream through the NCAA Division II Facebook and Twitter accounts and be carried on Cox Sports TV as well.
This is a rematch of the 2017 regular season finale, which served as a de facto conference championship game and saw the Panthers walk away with a 49-24 victory.
ODU will look to bounce back from a 34-18 setback against Hillsdale in which the Panthers racked up 595 yards of offense, but managed just one touchdown in five red zone trips and committed six turnovers. The Panthers caused five turnovers in the game, the most takeaways in a game since the Panthers picked off five Findlay passes on Sept. 10, 2016.
Junior EJ Colson (Middletown, Ohio) ran for a career-high 174 yards, averaging 7.6 yards on a Hillsdale defense that had been yielding just 136 yards per game on the ground coming in. As a team, the Chargers had been allowing just 313 yards, but came up with the stops defensively to keep ODU out of the end zone.
Junior David Turner (Fort Wayne, Ind.) caught nine passes for 99 yards and a score while junior Cedric Washington (Knoxville, Tenn.) had five grabs for 91 yards. Sophomore Devanaire Conliffe (Willoughby, Ohio) added five catches for 74 yards and senior Cory Contini (Dover, Ohio) tallied five grabs and a touchdown, making it 10 straight games with at least one TD grab for the senior. He's now third on ODU's all-time touchdown list with 26 career scores, three behind Jared Stace (29, 2004-07).
Senior Ross Thompson (Delphos, Ohio) moved into 10th on ODU's all-time tackles list with 10 stops against the Chargers, giving him 216 in his career. Senior Tristan Kehres (Shelby, Ohio) had another terrific game on the line, making seven tackles (3.0 TFL) and two sacks.
Junior Camren Moore (New Carlisle, Ohio) made his first career interception, junior Alessio Amato (Zanesville, Ohio) picked off his third pass of the season, which is second-most in the nation, and senior Tawain Gordon (Pickerington, Ohio) also had a pick. Senior Nick Isaacs (Cincinnati, Ohio) blocked an extra point, the first block of his career.
• Since 2006, ODU has an overall record of 95-39 (.709 win percentage.) The Panthers are 49-14 in their last 63 games (.778 win percentage.) ODU has also won 47 of its last 60 regular season games (.797).
• Over the past 63 games, ODU has outscored opponents by 987 points, an average of 15.7 points per game. The Panthers have scored 30 or more points 40 times in that stretch and held opponents to 14 points or fewer 24 times.
• ODU is 43-8 against opponents from Ohio since 2007 (.843 win percentage.)
• The Panthers are 27-6 in their last 33 regular season road games (.818).
• ODU is 49-4 (.925) in its last 53 games against unranked opponents, dating back to Oct. 15, 2011.
Contact: Scott Miles